Mint Chocolate - Mentha x piperita 'Chocolate'
Part of our tube stock range. Please see this page for information regarding supply.
Mints are vigorous perennials that thrive in light soil with good drainage. Due to this they are always best grown in pots. Most will grow in sun or partial shade; the variegated types may require some protection from direct sun. Mulch to keep damp and cool. Frequent harvesting is the key to keeping mint plants at their best. Young leaves have more flavour and can be harvested as soon as it comes up in spring.
Chocolate Mint - Size 60cm The large ovate leaves are a bronze – dark green, with deep reddish-purple stems. The lilac-purple flowers appear in summer.
Homemade Chocolate Mint Tea
- 5–10 fresh chocolate mint leaves
- 500ml hot water
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- Wash the mint leaves, tear and scrunch leaves into a mug.
- Pour the hot water over the mint.
- Let the mug sit for a few minutes so the mint can infuse the hot water.
- Add some hot water to the cocoa powder to make a runny paste. Add to mint leaves and stir.
- Remove the mint leaves before serving the tea hot.